This semester you must write a short paper demonstrating that you can use some of the basic requirements of research, namely DOCUMENTATION; that is one of the reasons you had a Library orientation on this subject. You will write a short work of about 300-500 words (3-4 pages) on ONE of the following topics related to Frankenstein... You will follow the usual format for essays, double spaced, font 12 etc. Following the MLA style you will include a bibliography and quotations either from the novel or other sources, including the internet. If you chose to answer question #3 follow the MLA citations for a movie. (See film, or video tape –DVD; television on page 114-115 of A Pocket Style Manual 2nd ed. by Diana Hacker)---- DO NOT E-MAIL ME YOUR WORK---- Due Monday Nov.29th
1. Medicine and other branches of scientific research are presently in a Moral dilemma over life, death, and cloning. Compare and or contrast the moral aspect of what Frankenstein was doing with what genetic engineers are doing today. Does it affect the scientist, Victor Frankenstein include, emotionally, morally??
2. Religious groups might say Frankenstein was demonic. Are they speaking about Victor Frankenstein or his creation? Do you agree or disagree? Support you answer with Biblical illustrations, if possible.
3. Compare and contrast the novel with any version of Frankenstein seen in the movies. Give specific examples, make sure you have details, and deal with some subject such as interpretation by author or director, special effects and/or imagination.
4. Do the monster’s eloquence and persuasiveness make it easier for the reader to sympathize with him? Why do you think most film versions of the story present the monster as mute or inarticulate?
5. Discuss the presentation of women in the novel. Do Victor and the monster differ in their views of women, and if so how? How has Mary Wollstonecraft influenced her daughter portrayal of...