- “Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything”. What the philosopher Plato is trying to say is that music is everything and it makes us who we are. Journey uses many literary devices to spread the message to never give up and don’t stop believing.
- The powerful message that journey is trying to send to listeners is that life gets rough and bumpy sometimes for everybody. There will be good times and when bad times are upon us, we need to “hold on to the feeling” of hope and you will conquer through the rough times.
- In order for Journey to send such a powerful message they use the repetition of “don’t stop believing” and “hold on to that feeling”. They repeat this because they want you to know that no matter what is going on in your life, even if it seems it will never go away, there will always be a silver lining.
- If Journey wants people to understand the message they are trying to spread, they need to paint a picture in their listener’s minds. In the lyric “Singer in a smokey room, a smell of wine and cheap perfume” Journey uses imagery so we can better understand what they are trying to tell us.
- Journey definitely wants their listeners to remember this song and the message behind it. They use the alliteration of “singer in a smokey room”, “Some will win”, and Shadows searching in the night”. To get you to remember this message, they include same consonant sounds in the beginning of a lot of their words.
- I really want you guys to know that the message conveyed in Journey’s song Don’t Stop Believing, which was the 13th most downloaded song in 2008, told us that no matter how bad things get, we should never give up, don’t stop believing, and hold on the feeling of hope that these bad times will eventually be in our past.
Additional Add Ons- What is really special about this song is that even to this day, Journey receives fan mail saying...