Thinking: The mind of a marketing genius
* Where are the best opportunities for your business today? How do you stand out in
crowded markets? How do you deliver the best solutions for customers, and the best
returns to shareholders?
* Where should you focus amidst this complexity? What is your competitive advantage?
Which markets, brands, products and customers should you prioritize in order to maximize
* What is your defining purpose? How do you reflect the aspirations of your stakeholders? How
could you make more of your brand, in new markets or applications? And how do you capture
its full impact over time?
* Who are the customers for your business? How do you gain real insight into what they want?
How do you embrace CSR, and address wider ethical issues? How do you create a truly cus
* How do create more radical innovation? How do you disrupt the existing market conven
tions in order to create a significant and sustainable difference? How do you innovate
markets and business as well as the solutions themselves?
* TRACK 4 STRATEGY
Designing your business from the outside in
'Discovery consists of looking at the same thing as everyone else and thinking what nobody has thought.'
'What do you want to achieve or avoid? The answers to this question are objectives. How will you go about achieving your desired results? The answer to this you can call strategy.'
'Ultimately, we wanted Nike to be the world's best sports and fitness company. Once you say that, you have a focus. You don't end up making wing tips or sponsoring the next Rolling Stones world tour.'
Most business strategies are... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2009, 05). The Mind of a Marketing Manager. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 05, 2009, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/The-Mind-Of-A-Marketing-Manager-204715.html
"The Mind of a Marketing Manager" StudyMode.com. 05 2009. 05 2009 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/The-Mind-Of-A-Marketing-Manager-204715.html>.
"The Mind of a Marketing Manager." StudyMode.com. 05, 2009. Accessed 05, 2009. http://www.studymode.com/essays/The-Mind-Of-A-Marketing-Manager-204715.html.