2. Since I began acting, I (perform) have performed in two plays, a television commercial and a TV drama. However, I (speak, never even) had never even spoken publicly before I came to Hollywood in 1985.
3. By the time I got to the office, the meeting (begin, already) had already begun without me. My boss (be) was furious with me and I (be) was fired.
4. When I (turn) turned the radio on yesterday, I (hear) heard a song that was popular when I was in high school. I (hear, not) had not heard the song in years, and it (bring) brought back some great memories.
5. Last week, I (run) ran into an ex-girlfriend of mine. We (see, not) had not seen each other in years, and both of us (change) had changed a great deal. I (enjoy) enjoyed talking to her so much that I (ask) asked her out on a date. We are getting together tonight for dinner.
6. When Jack (enter) entered the room, I (recognize, not) did not recognize him because he (lose) had lost so much weight and (grow) had grown a beard. He looked totally different!
7. The Maya established a very advanced civilization in the jungles of the Yucatan; however, their culture (disappear, virtually) had virtually disappeared by the time Europeans first (arrive) arrived in the New World.
8. I (visit) have visited so many beautiful places since I (come) came to Utah. Before moving here, I (hear, never) had never heard of Bryce Canyon, Zion, Arches, or Canyonlands.