* Education- “the key which can unlock the door to the Great Society.”
* The Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965 directed money to schools for textbooks, library materials, and special education.
* The Higher Education act of 1965 increased federal money given to universities, created scholarships and low-interest loans for college students.
* The National Foundation on the Arts and the Humanities of 1965 was created to financially assist painters, musicians, actors, and others in arts.
* The Corporation for Public Broadcasting was formed to fund educational TV and radio broadcasting.
* There were higher education legislation, with scholarships, grants, and opened college to any American with the necessary brains and ambition which was suitable for their family finance. Special education legislation has helped millions of children with learning disabilities. These programs are part of the factor made the U.S become the world's leading industrial, technological, communications and military power today.
* The Civil Rights Act of 1964 outlawed discrimination in public accommodations, housing, and jobs; increased federal powder to prosecute civil rights abuses.
* The Voting Rights Act of 1965 allowed federal officials to register voters in states where local officials practiced discrimination.
* The Immigration and Nationality Act of abolished the national-origin quotas in immigration law.
* The Civil Rights Act of 1968 prohibited discrimination concerning the sale, rental, and financing of... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2012, 11). The Great New Society. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 11, 2012, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/The-Great-New-Society-1241198.html
"The Great New Society" StudyMode.com. 11 2012. 2012. 11 2012 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/The-Great-New-Society-1241198.html>.
- MLA 7
"The Great New Society." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 11 2012. Web. 11 2012. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/The-Great-New-Society-1241198.html>.
"The Great New Society." StudyMode.com. 11, 2012. Accessed 11, 2012. http://www.studymode.com/essays/The-Great-New-Society-1241198.html.