2. What is competition like in the golf equipment industry? What competitive forces seem to have the greatest effect on industry attractiveness? What are the competitive weapons that rivals are using to try to outmaneuver one another in the marketplace? Is the pace of rivalry quickening and becoming more intense? Why or why not?
3. How is the golf equipment industry changing? What are the underlying drivers of change and how might those driving forces change the industry?
4. What does your strategic group map of the golf equipment industry look like? Which strategic group do you think are in the best position? Which are in the worst positions?
5. What key factors determine the success of companies competing the golf equipment industry? Which companies seem to perform these factors the best? What is the overall competitive strength of the major golf equipment manufactures?
6. How do the financial results of the major golf equipment manufacturers compare? Which rivals seem to be coping best with the competitive forces prevailing in the industry? How do the growth rates of golf’s major equipment manufacturers compare? Have Callaway Golf Company and Taylor Made-adidas golf found growth easier to achieve in some product categories than others?
7. What recommendations would you make to Callaway Golf to improve the company’s competitive position in the industry and its financial and market performance? To Fortune Brands? To TaylorMade-adidas Golf?
8. in times of economic recession, what actions may be taken by government to alleviate the situation