Muslims are people who accept the Islamic religion. About 60% of Muslims reside in Asia the other 40% are in East Africa and other parts of the world. They can speak many different languages since they reside all over. There are about 1.5 billion Muslims in the world.
An Arab is an ethnicity type or a nationality. They speak Arabic and unlike Muslims they can practice any faith that they choose. They originate from the Arab Regions of the Middle East specifically from Iraq, Iran and Saudi Arabia. The numbers of Arabs in the world is about several millions.
Changes made to policies concerning the treatment of Muslim and Arabs
A change made to the United States policy, the justice Department has announced that changes their investigation policies for FBI agents which would allow questioning based on ethnicity rather than probable cause.
Characteristic of Orientalism
Some characteristics or Orientalism are the religious extremist and being a backwards culturally, scientifically in technology. Muslims and Arabs originally come from these Eastern Countries Orientalism fits, but the word has become a negative in its meaning when referring to Eastern countries. I think that the Terrorists Attacks play a big part in that. That is where the hate crimes and prejudice comes in.
Promote Tolerance and Reduce Prejudice
There and a lot of things that you can do in your city to help reduce prejudice in your city. You can educate yourself on the Arab culture and the Nation of Islam. There are all types of organizations available that will help you become more aware of the things around you. Talk to the people in your area that are so you can really get to know them so you won’t judge them. [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2010, 12). The Differences Between Muslims and Arabs. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 12, 2010, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/The-Differences-Between-Muslims-And-Arabs-526336.html
"The Differences Between Muslims and Arabs" StudyMode.com. 12 2010. 12 2010 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/The-Differences-Between-Muslims-And-Arabs-526336.html>.
"The Differences Between Muslims and Arabs." StudyMode.com. 12, 2010. Accessed 12, 2010. http://www.studymode.com/essays/The-Differences-Between-Muslims-And-Arabs-526336.html.