The Case of Taybeh Brewing Company
1. Conduct a SWOT Analysis for Taybeh Brewing Company
Strengths are the internal characteristics of the company that give it an advantage over others in the industry. Such strengths are:
- Strategic market segmentation and implementation strategies. Taybeh focuses on sophisticated and educated beer drinkers.
-Diversified market segments: ensuring the lack of dependency on one particular market.
- The First Microbrewery in the Middle East. Being a first mover helps with success.
- Hand- crafted natural alcoholic beer that complies with German purity laws.
- Family owned microbrewery with focused owners and a good reputation
- Produced in small batches to ensure premium quality
- State of the art production facilities and equipment. Capacity for future expansion.
Weaknesses are characteristics that place the company at a disadvantage relative to others. - Lack of a reputation in comparison to global competitors.
- A limited financial base compared to the major players in the industry. -Lack of clear-cut channels of distribution.
- High cost of imported ingredients for making the beer.
- Priced higher than Israeli beers
-Lack of advertising because it is not allowed and very costly. - Dependence of raw materials and supplies from abroad (Portugal, Belgium, England, etc.)
Opportunities are external chances to make greater sales or profits in the environment.
- Specific niche: Appreciation for high-quality brew, enjoyment, and refreshment - Current drive by economy towards export of locally manufactured products. - Internet marketing and sales
- Potential growth of the market with right advertising and E-business techniques.
Threats are external elements in the environment that could cause trouble for the company. * -Intolerable price increases by foreign suppliers may occur. * - Existing competition.
* - Established mass-market companies' development of new lines and vertically integrating so as to be totally in control of supplies and products being sold on the respective markets. * - New marketing strategies and tactics by established products and companies. * - Political and economic instability are always a threat in Palestine. * -The advertisement of alcoholic drinks is illegal.
* - The government could place regulations such as taxes.
2. Make necessary suggestions to increase effectiveness in building customer relations.
Marketing is used to identify the customer, satisfy the customer, and keep the customer. With the customer as the focus of its activities, it can be concluded that marketing management is one of the major components of business management.
The Taybeh beer company should adopt a “consumer-driven approach”. In this approach the consumer wants are the drivers of all strategic marketing decisions. No strategy is pursued until it passes the test of consumer research. Every aspect of a market offering, including the nature of the product itself, is driven by the needs of potential consumers. The starting point is always the consumer. The justification for this approach is that there is no reason to spend research and development funds developing products that people will not buy.
Constructive criticism helps marketers adapt offerings to meet changing customer needs.
I also believe in order to improve customer relations, Taybeh brewing company needs to improve its website. It should be more user friendly, interactive, and more appealing to look at. Honestly when first going on the website it doesn’t make me want to look through it more and consider reading about Taybeh beer. With a more friendly user interface, the consumer will be more interested in learning about Taybeh beer and its product offerings. Creating this interest will create an urge that will make customers want to know where they can buy the product or how they can order it....
Please join StudyMode to read the full document