Subject: Social Studies
Date: March 2, 2012.
The successful completion of this project would not have been possible without the assistance of a number of people. I am heartily thankful to God for giving me the strength and knowledge to complete this project. I am also very thankful to my family whose encouragement guidance and support helped me a lot during the process of this project. Finally special thanks to my teacher who guided my way throughout this project.
What is a budget?
A budget is a financial plan and a list of all planned expenses and revenues. It is a plan for saving, borrowing and spending.
Benefits of Having a Budget
* Priorities are catered for and unnecessary wants are eliminated
* Expenditure does not exceed income
* Long term goals are achievable as financial planning for such expenses begins early
* Emergencies such as sickness, death of a member or retrenchment are met from accumulated savings
* Planning ahead to insure against risks such as fire and theft relieves worry and stress
* A sense of discipline is engendered by sticking to a budget
Items that can typically be included in a budget
Expenditure | Total |
Savings/Partner | $8000 |
Rent | $7000 |
Electricity | $2800 |
Water rate | $1200 |
School fee (for 2 yr. old child) | $2000 |
Lunch money (for 14 yr. old child) | $3000 |
Food Supply | $8000 |
Lunch Money for Ms. Master | $5600 |
Bus/Taxi Fare | $5336 |
Total | $45000 |
Doing this project, I showed a lot of interest in doing it. In this project I was asked to create a family budget and do some research about budget and the importance of having a budget.
I have learned many things during the course of this project. Firstly, I can now give a precise definition for budget and can... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2012, 03). The Budget. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 03, 2012, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/The-Budget-950818.html
"The Budget" StudyMode.com. 03 2012. 03 2012 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/The-Budget-950818.html>.
"The Budget." StudyMode.com. 03, 2012. Accessed 03, 2012. http://www.studymode.com/essays/The-Budget-950818.html.