1. Identify and explain four (4) logistical alternatives Scanlan could have addressed.
2. Analyze and discuss Scanlan’s motivation toward the Constitution (the law), bureaucracy (as a public administrator responsible to the public), and obligation.
3. Take a position on two (2) possible paths of action for Scanlan and defend your choices.
4. Research and cite at least four (4) peer-reviewed academic sources.
Your assignment must:
1. Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
2. Include a cover page containing the tile of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
3. Analyze the changing nature and responsibilities for managing public and nonprofit organizations.
4. Use technology and information resources to research issues in modern public administration.
5. Write clearly and concisely about modern public administration using proper writing mechanics.
Centralia Mine No. 5 exploded on March 25, 1947
111 men were killed as a result of coal dust explosion
World War II was going on during the time of inspections and explosion. There was a shortage of man power. The average age of coal miner was 59.
Driscoll Scanlan was hired as an Illinois Mine Inspector, he was a former miner.
Scanlan inspected the mine every 3 months. Each time he reported the severity of the coal dust buildup in the mine.
Scanlan considered Centralia the most dangerous of all the... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2012, 10). The Blast in Centralia. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 10, 2012, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/The-Blast-In-Centralia-1177526.html
"The Blast in Centralia" StudyMode.com. 10 2012. 2012. 10 2012 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/The-Blast-In-Centralia-1177526.html>.
- MLA 7
"The Blast in Centralia." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 10 2012. Web. 10 2012. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/The-Blast-In-Centralia-1177526.html>.
"The Blast in Centralia." StudyMode.com. 10, 2012. Accessed 10, 2012. http://www.studymode.com/essays/The-Blast-In-Centralia-1177526.html.