Charles Booth made the first survey of poverty in19th century. His research made bring the poverty to the attention of Victorian Britain.
Welfare state reforms
* 1942, Beveridge report; planned a system of National insurance number based in three theories such as family allowances, a national health service and full employment.
* 1944, the wartime coalition government commits itself to full employment by Keynesian methods.
* 1944, Education Act; free universal secondary school.
* 1945, Family allowance act. The labour government was elected later in 1945.
* 1946, National Insurance Act and National Health Service Act.
* 1948, National Assistance Act: abolition of the poor law.
* 1948, Children Act. (J Poynter,1960,Society and pauperism, Routledge and Kegan Paul)
A History of social policy from the Beveridge report to new labour
Cite This Essay
(2010, 10). The Beveridge Report to New Labour. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 10, 2010, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/The-Beveridge-Report-To-New-Labour-457640.html
"The Beveridge Report to New Labour" StudyMode.com. 10 2010. 10 2010 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/The-Beveridge-Report-To-New-Labour-457640.html>.
"The Beveridge Report to New Labour." StudyMode.com. 10, 2010. Accessed 10, 2010. http://www.studymode.com/essays/The-Beveridge-Report-To-New-Labour-457640.html.