The English language has become the language of international communication. Many people living in the European Union speak English as a foreign language and use English to communicate with people from all over the world There are over 750 million people who speak English as a foreign language. In the year 2000 the British Council said that there were about a billion people learning English. These people are benefiting from the many advantages of learning English as a foreign language. Travel
Travel and tourism around the world is carried out in English. If you are planning a holiday to a foreign country you will probably be speaking English not only at the airport but also in the country itself. Information exchange
One of the biggest advantages of learning English as a second language is that you will be able to discover a world of information. English is the language of the internet world. If you are learning English as a foreign language you will be able to send e-mails to people in English from all over the world. These are only a few advantages of learning English as a foreign language. Why not take a language course with inlingua Malta and experience these advantages yourself!
* English is the primary language of business throughout the world. Most international business transactions, including emails, memos, reports and contracts, are written in English. Employment Opportunities
* The ability to fluently speak the English language in addition to your native language can be beneficial if you're seeking job opportunities with international companies. The ability to speak a language spoken by most business people can place you a step ahead of the competition. Movies
* Major Hollywood movies have dialogue in English. The plot of these movies is easier to follow if the person watching the movie speaks English. Subtitles in other languages can sometimes cause the meanings of words to be lost in the translation, and they can be a distraction or even block the action taking place on the screen. Travel
* The English language is predominantly spoken throughout the world, so international travelers may find that speaking English can make their travels a little easier. Most hotel and restaurant employees, as well as store merchants, probably speak English to some degree. Schools
* Students from other countries who attend school in the United States will benefit greatly if they can know basic English. This knowledge will help them communicate better with both their students and teachers. The students also will have an easier time with any research or readings they are assigned. Academics
* The English language is the predominant language of academics all over the world, with a large amount of research conducted, written and presented in English. Knowing English can helpful for scholars who wish to communicate their ideas and research findings to peers in their field. Computers
* Most software programs are written in English. Those seeking to expand their computer knowledge can find the ability to read and understand the English language invaluable.
Jeanne Baird is a freelance writer with a decade of experience as a proofreader, editor and writer. She has been the associate editor for an engineering society handbook and a project manager for an independent publishing company. Baird also has edited business and entertainment news from several international newswires.
English is the primary language of business throughout the world. The English language is one of the most widely spoken languages in the world, second only to Mandarin. That English is used almost everywhere is only one of the many advantages of learning the language.
Learning English can also help you to meet new people. You can practice your English with someone who is also learning. Another option is to do a sort of "trade-off" in your language...