2. Marks and Spencer Case Study
5. The essay explains what the important parts of Marks and Spencer’s (M & S) current and historic strategies are. The value chain is analysed to explain M & S’s competitive advantages. The value chain focuses on inbound logistics, operations and marketing & service analysis of M & S. Furthermore, the essay interprets what the problems of present strategies M & S will meet in the future and what new strategy M & S may follow.
7. Key Components of M & S’s Current and Historic Strategies
9. M & S implemented different strategies to solve various problems when it was at different periods of development.
11. The following is M & S’s main strategies. Firstly, M & S tried to build a good relationship with its suppliers and customers as its strategy. M & S ensured the highest quality of products through working with its suppliers and encouraging them to use the most efficient and modern production techniques so that M & S got more competitive advantages in terms of quality of products than its competitors. For example, M & S introduced the ‘St Michael’ logo as its sign of quality of products at the beginning of the development of the company. Therefore, the reputation of highest quality of products was built among M & S’s customers. Secondly, the strategy concentrated on restructuring, namely, top management level separated company into three parts between 1998 and 1999 when M & S had faced the difficulties. Furthermore, M & S adopted a customer-focused strategy in order to identify customer preference and trends and deeply understand what customers really need because its competitors were more responsive to changing market. Thirdly, M & S implemented creating a new corporate image strategy. M & S changed store image, built a pilot store, separated... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2012, 03). The Analysis of Mark and Spencer. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 03, 2012, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/The-Analysis-Of-Mark-And-Spencer-932755.html
"The Analysis of Mark and Spencer" StudyMode.com. 03 2012. 03 2012 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/The-Analysis-Of-Mark-And-Spencer-932755.html>.
"The Analysis of Mark and Spencer." StudyMode.com. 03, 2012. Accessed 03, 2012. http://www.studymode.com/essays/The-Analysis-Of-Mark-And-Spencer-932755.html.