Before discuss anything first, we need to look for the organization that how it run their business in Pakistan. In 1999 Proserve education (pvt) Limited established as a for-profit enterprise caters the need of education in both cities Islamabad and Rawalpindi. Mr. Zaidi program director of Thames business school had a 22 years of successful working experience in different fields or in different countries as well decide along with other directors of the enterprise to established first center in Islamabad and once its grown they go for established another center by-self in 1999 they established a franchise in sector F-6, Islamabad with 20 computers and 2000 books contained library facilities. As we know that Pakistan has higher population growth rate which is about 2.4%/annum and not even only in Pakistan but all over the world the need of institution at all level primary, secondary, and tertiary is very important factor but due to lack of utilization of resources in this sector by the government many peoples in Pakistan are not having proper education because Govt. only spend 4% of GDP on education so you can easily analyze the relationship of demand and supply in this sector. So, the lack of institutions in Pakistan there have a big opportunity for Thames to get the maximum profit in this sector to fill the gap and by providing good quality education at lost cost as compare to competitors get the competitive edge over them. Customer Analysis
The market is dividing into three different segments:
1. undergraduate degree programs
2. graduate degree programs
3. Short duration management development programs
Undergraduate degree programs
The primary market for this segment is FA/FSc or A-level who are ready to go for the higher education. Mr. Zaidi has its own idea based on his experience and acquaintances related identify the need of the students for selecting any institution which is based on different factors that affect directly or indirectly on the decision of the students and parents as well because they both made the decision of choosing institution and selecting the type of the degree to be pursued.
Two categories in undergraduate and graduation programs
* professional (Level 1,2)
* unprofessional (Level 3)
Three types of level of students are:
1. Brighter students: who are scoring high marks are go for MBBS, BDS etc and get admission in Govt. institution who are providing same quality education at low tuition fees. As, late 90s BBA, BIT, and BSc also become popular due to the market demand increasing. 2. Family child students: who are not scoring high as compare to above mentioned level had to choose more expensive private institutions offering similar professional degrees because the number of seats available in the Govt.-run professional institutions was limited. 3. Below average students: getting low score and not getting admission in any professional programs it may be because of poor academic scores or lack of capacity to pay. So, they go for either diploma or simple degree BA etc. Different factors which is important for selection of any institution: * location of any institution
* tuition fees charged
* safe (especially for girls)
* Inexpensive accommodation etc.
All factors are very important but the most important is tuition fee and reputation of the institution. Many parents are not afford expensive tuition fee and Govt. not satisfy parents as they promised so parents sacrifice to fulfill the need of their children because they know that the education is the only way to upward mobility. And to get Job in the Pakistan market place the reputation of any institution is very important for this they used collaborating strategy and get collaboration with different well known foreign institutions and recognized their self from the HEC (higher education commission) to attract students. Graduate Degree Programs