Here are some focus areas:
I would expect that you have read all these cases, worked them out on your own and have read all discussion postings in the GRADED: Module 1 Discussions Postings area and all areas of discussions. There will be some summary points and possibly other postings that would help direct focus for questions on the Exam #1.
Unit 1: Planning, Control, and Performance Evaluation
• Define management control
Management control is the process by which managers influence other members of the organization to implement the organization’s strategies.
• Explain the general structure of management control systems
1. A detector or sensor – a device that measures what is actually happening in the process being controlled.
2. An assessor – a device that determines the significance of what is actually happening by comparing it with some standard or expectation of what should happen
3. An effector – a device (often called “feedback”) that alters behavior if the assessor indeicates the need to do so.
4. A communications network – devices that transmit information between the detector and the assessor and between the assessor and the effector.
• Know strategy formulation, management control and task control (which is transaction-oriented) and their relationships with each other
Strategy formulation (Deciding on goals, strategies, and policies) – is the process of deciding on the goals of the organization and the strategies for attaining these goals.
Management control (implementation) – is the process by which managers influence other members of the organization to implement the organization’s strategies.
Task control (Performance of Tasks) – is the process of ensuring that specified tasks are carried out effectively and efficiently.
• Define technology’s impact on management control
1. Instant access. On the Web,... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2010, 11). Test Review. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 11, 2010, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Test-Review-465772.html
"Test Review" StudyMode.com. 11 2010. 11 2010 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Test-Review-465772.html>.
"Test Review." StudyMode.com. 11, 2010. Accessed 11, 2010. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Test-Review-465772.html.