First Summative Test in Science 5 - 3rd Grading Period
I. Encircle the letter of the correct answer.
1. Which of these is a source of electrical energy?
b. light bulb
2. Which of these controls the flow of electric current?
b. light bulb
3. How does the electric current move in a circuit?
a. from source to device and back to source.
b. for the source to the source and back to the device.
c. both a and b
4. Which of the circuits will the current flow?
a. closed circuit
b. open circuit
C. short circuit
II. Write T if the statement is true and F if it is false.
_____5. A battery is a device that produces electricity as a result of chemical reaction. _____6. Batteries differ in size, shape, and voltage.
_____7. A battery has a positive and a negative terminal.
_____8. A dry cell is a mixture of carbon, manganese dioxide and sodium chloride. _____9. Turn off the light when it is not needed.
_____10. When cooking, let the food boil in a high switch.
_____11. Turn the iron when only few pieces remain to be pressed. _____12. Turn off the electricfan when there is enough natural ventilation.
III. Match column A with column B.
_____13. electricity that flows and can be controlled
a. switched-off _____14. electricity produced by rubbing two things together
b. switched-on _____15. the path of electricity flows and becomes complete
c. current electricity _____16. electricity doesn’t flow and there is a break in the path
d. static electricity
III. Fill in the blanks with the correct word.
17. In a _____________________circuit or connection, all parts are connected one after another. It has only one switch.
18. In a _____________________circuit or connection, it has as many complete...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document