The Big Orange Building. 328 Edsa Caloocan City
TERMINAL PAPER MECHANICS
1. For the proposal and final oral stages, the researcher may use short, white bond paper. 2. The template is used for the final paper. (See Appendix B). 3. No colored or textured bond paper should be used.
1. Blank ink is required for the text. No colored printout is allowed. Graphs and figures should also use varying shades of black. This so because color distinction may not appear definite once the paper is photocopied. 2. The printout must be clear, intelligible, and neat.
1. No unnecessary illustrations are allowed.
2. If consequential, all illustrations and photos should be properly labeled so that readers can understand them without having to rely entirely on the picture. 3. Chapter separator pages are unnecessary.
1. The required font is Arial. The required font size throughout the paper is 12. Smaller fonts are allowed for charts and graphs. 2. Chapter titles, major and minor headings, paragraph heading, and table and figure titles are all typed using font size 12. 3. Chapter titles must be in all capital letter formats (AAAA) while major and minor headings, paragraph heading, table and figure titles must be in a title format (Aaaa). 4. Page numbers should also be reformatted in Arial in font size 12.
MARGINS AND SPACING
1. For the proposal and final defense papers using plain, short white bond paper, the margins are as follows: Top:1.00
2. For the final paper printed on the paper template, the margins are as follows: Top: 1.70
3. Indentation for paragraphs, reference entries, table of content entries, etc. should be consistent throughout the paper. The suggested tab stop position is 0.5. 4. Preliminary and end pages use single spacing except title page, approval sheet and recommendation for oral defense. (See Appendix C) 5. Line spacing for the text is 1.5.
6. Within the text, single spacing is used for block quotations. 7. Two spaces are required between chapter headings, major and minor headings, paragraph headings, table and figure titles.
A. Preliminary Pages (See Appendix C)
1. Use lower case Roman numerals for all preliminary pages. 2. The title page bears no number but is designates as page i. 3. A blank page (flyleaf) bearing no number is placed before the title page. 4. The approval sheet or the endorsement sheet bears no number, but is designated as page ii. 5. Preliminary pages do not appear in the Table of Contents. 6. Page numbers appear on the center bottom of the page.
1. Every bibliographical entry must use APA style of writing. e.g. Document source and Online sources
2. The reference page is an alphabetical list of all sources actually used in the research. The researcher should include only the sources that he/she has cited in the text. 3. If there are two or more sources by the same author, do not repeat his/her name for the entries other than the first. In place of the author’s name, use an unbroken underline of 8 spaces long followed by a period. 4. Should there be more than 10 entries in the reference page, divide these into the following: books, journals, and periodicals, other sources (unpublished theses and dissertations, brochures, Internet sources). (See Appendix D)
TABLES AND FIGURES
1. All table titles appear above the table; figure titles go below. 2. All table title must carry complete information: the table number, description of the subject matter, locale, year the survey was conducted (e.g. Table 12. Mean of Burnout Causes among Teacher respondents of Liceo de...