Technology and Health Care Paper
* Wireless technology and mobile communications serves many valid human purposes such as enhance the efficiency and quality of health care industry, improve the process of which specialists, physicians, nurses, and staff members provide health treatment, and patient improvement. This wireless technology and mobile communication are used right at one’s local pharmacies and is just a touch away from one’s fingertips. Walgreens implemented applications for mobile devices to provide their consumers with mobile communication better to serve their needs in different ways. The subjects to be addressed in this paper is a brief description of the service of mobile applications, what is the impact of the application on quality care, quality of life, cost of care, and access to it. It will also address the social, ethical, and economic impact to Walgreen. * Mobile Applications
* Mobile apps are computer programs that work on smartphones and other mobile telecommunications devices (FDA, 2011). The developments of mobile medical apps are introducing a fresh innovative way for technology to enhance health and health care. People can manage his or her health and wellness by monitoring calorie intake for healthy weight maintenance whereas, medical professionals are making use of the apps to enhance and facilitate patient care such as viewing a patient's X-rays. This is poised to change the delivery of health care, the quality of the patient experience, health care cost, and provide service to underserved areas. *
* The impact of Mobile Applications on the Quality of Care, Quality of Life, Cost of * Care and Access
* Wireless technology, and particularly the up-to-date generation smartphones, offer opportunities for substantially enhancing health care processes by connecting applications made easy for patients to do business with health care providers. A mobile EHR application can be used to maintain track of numerous factors that have an influence on a person's health as well as spoken languages and other demographic information. This assist health care providers to understand their patients better, measure quality, and patient satisfaction, and generate health data essential to combating disparities (Ko, 2012) . Applications can help health care professionals and patients to work jointly by managing diseases and health conditions. In-home devices can gather and communicate information to medical professionals and aids a person to manage his or her treatments by identifying specific and general health needs geared toward him or her personally. These mobile applications have remarkable possibilities to solve numerous health challenges as well as to do away with health differences and obstacles to care, which occur in many of minority communities. * The access to care can benefit from health financing applications based on mobile *
* devices, which can decrease the total cost of care, including health system costs allied * with treating and managing chronic conditions such as HIV/AIDS, often in conjunction with * other applications. Also combining software applications and hardware devices, mobile devices can be beneficial to patients, physicians, and clinics by offering efficient health monitoring at a low price. It also allows helps providers to shares health literature in different languages to their patients (Ko, 2012). * Apps increase the availability and access to health care by driving data to different parts of the health care delivery system. Acquiring immediate access to vital information is very important such as medical histories, drug interactions, lab results, and similar resources. This data of health care and quality care reaches out to isolated communities as well. * The Social, Ethical, and Economic Impact of Mobile...