TEACHERS EVALUATION SYSTEM
CAGAYAN STATE UNIVERSITY – GONZAGA
BY: ANA LIZA A. AGLANAO
FEASIBILITY STUDY ON ONLINE TEACHERS EVALUATION SYSTEM
From evaluating professors through papers, Teachers’/Faculty Evaluation System upgraded into using the Faculty Evaluation System (FES) developed to be used by every campus throughout Cagayan State University. It aims to lessen paper works the manual teaching evaluation system is giving. But then, due to its fast accessibility for students and professors, still we find some questionable things about the current system that the university is using or what we call “flaws”. With these problems, there are more or further specifications the system would need for the improvement of the said Teaching Evaluation System. And that is why we should have a feasibility study about the system.
DEFINED BUSINESS PROBLEM OR OPPORTUNITY
* You can evaluate a professor which is not teaching your class. * Systems developed by using Visual Basic 6.0 can be easily used by unauthorized personnel because it is using MS-Access for databases. The computerized system was developed using Visual Basic 6.0. * Passwords can be easily detected with the present system the university is using. * Systems developed with Visual Basic 6.0 are prone to errors and when it attacks, there is no choice for the user to close the system and restart it.
REQUIREMENTS AND PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
* Compare evaluation using papers.
* Discover problems in manual evaluation system.
* Determine its manual system flow.
* Determine restriction in the present system.
* Determine materials use in the current system.
* Determine what programming language to be use in developing a new system. * Determine materials to be use in the online evaluation system.
* Restrict student from evaluating teachers, who does not directly supervise or teach them. * Once the initial system requirements are defined, the School should verify the technical, operational, and financial feasibility of the project. * Technical feasibility refers to the capability of current technology and methods of operation in meeting user requirements. * Technical feasibility should include consideration of the state of the technology - for example, is the technology "leading edge" (with commensurate risk) or is the technology "mature" (with associated industry standards and lesser risk). * Develop Online Evaluation System using Personal Home Page (PHP) with MySQL that is more accessible in the web.
ASSUMPTIONS USED IN THE STUDY
We assume that it is better to use a web-based online system than the current system CSU is using for the Teachers Evaluation System which is just a stand-alone system. If you compare a Stand-alone system with a Web-based system, when a stand-alone system encounters a problem, you don’t have any choice but to restart your computer while the web-based system only needs your browser to be refreshed. And there are more limitations a stand-alone system has than the web-based. * Laws and regulations - for example, State, Federal, or independent regulatory agencies may require specific design approaches for new systems or mandate specific changes to existing systems. * Technological - for example, new equipment must be compatible with existing equipment; * Socio-political - for example, the Governor mandates that all public assistance ADP functions be combined and managed by a common data base management system. * Financial - for example, proposed development and implementation costs must remain within a specified budget. * Operational - for example, space, staffing levels, skill mix, and capability and competence factors may limit system options.
Implementing this project would affect all students and...