* The internationalisation strategy so far has been to keep local managers in new acquisitions, and to only transplant a couple of senior managers from India into the new market. The benefit is that Tata has been able to exchange expertise. For example after the Daewoo acquisition the Indian company leaned work discipline and how to get the final product 'right first time.'
* The company has a strategy in place for the next stage of its expansion. Not only is it focusing upon new products and acquisitions, but it also has a programme of intensive management development in place in order to establish its leaders for tomorrow.
* The company has had a successful alliance with Italian mass producer Fiat since 2006. This has enhanced the product portfolio for Tata and Fiat in terms of production and knowledge exchange. For example, the Fiat Palio Style was launched by Tata in 2007, and the companies have an agreement to build a pick-up targeted at Central and South America.
* Excellent brand equity and image in Indian market.
* Sound global recognition in light trucks and buses.
* Sound fundamentals in turbo diesel because of their joint venture with Cummins.
* Good presence in Indian markets
* Ownership of heritage of British motor brands like Land Rover and Jaguar.
* Strategic tie up with Benz. They follow premium segment marketing.
* World class quality accreditation (ISO 9001; ISO 20000)
* The company's passenger car products are based upon 3rd and 4th generation platforms, which put Tata Motors Limited at a disadvantage with competing car manufacturers.
* Despite buying the Jaguar and Land Rover brands (see opportunities below); Tata has not got a foothold in the luxury car segment in its domestic, Indian market. Is the brand associated with commercial vehicles and low-cost passenger cars to the extent that it has isolated itself from lucrative segments in a more aspiring... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2011, 10). Tata Swot Analysis. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 10, 2011, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Tata-Swot-Analysis-820158.html
"Tata Swot Analysis" StudyMode.com. 10 2011. 10 2011 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Tata-Swot-Analysis-820158.html>.
"Tata Swot Analysis." StudyMode.com. 10, 2011. Accessed 10, 2011. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Tata-Swot-Analysis-820158.html.