ACE PLANT HEAD (PANTNAGAR)
• Mr. P. K. Chobe. • Mechanical Engineering Graduate from IIT Kanpur. • Joined Tata Motors in July 1978 as GET. • Worked in maintenance, production & as Engine Factory Head. • Fond of swimming. PLANTS OF TATA MOTORS LTD.
DATA REGARDING THE SITE
ORGANIZATION STRUCTURE AND PHILOSOPHY
STRUCTURE FOR SUPPLY CHAIN
STRUCTURE FOR SUPPLY CHAIN
PROJECTED STATE EARNINGS FROM TATA MOTORS
OVERALL RAMP-UP PLAN TO PLANNED CAPACITY
Feb 07 Aug 07 Mar 08 Sep 08
Feb 07 Aug 07 Mar 08 Sep 08 MANPOWER STATUS / PROJECTION FOR 750/DAY
NEW IDEAS IMPLEMENTATION FOR LOGISTICS
CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
LAYOUT OF THE TATA MOTORS PANTNAGAR PLANT
TATA MOTORS LTD. Pantnagar has four shops for manufacturing of vehicles. These Shops are oriented in a shape of alphabet ‘E’.
VARIOUS SHOPS OF TATA MOTORS PANTNAGAR PLANT
TCF 1A TCF SHOP
➢ ASSEMBLY SHOPSTCF 1B i.e.
TCF 1C TRIM CHASSIS FITTING
➢ ENGINE SHOP
GEAR BOX SHOP
COMPLETE KNOCK DOWN (CKD)
➢ PAINT SHOP
TAIKISHA PAINT SHOP
BIW 1A BIW SHOP
➢ WELDING SHOPBIW 1B i.e.
BIW 1C BODY IN WHITE SHOP -----------------------
• To ensure that community members benefit from the industrialization boom in Uttarakhand
• To build a private-public partnership to ensure an inclusive growth process
• Conducted a Participatory Rural Appraisal for Udaynagar to identify the needs of the villagers
• Initiated the process to get a clearance from the government to upgrade ITIs. • Held informal meetings in Udaynagay and Chitranjpur. • Arranging a health camp for Primary School children at Udaynagar.
Tata Motors has contributed 471 lacs to state exchequer upto Nov 07
• Upgrade two ITIs.
• Initially, start activities at two villages.
• The thrust areas for TML interventions would be: Heath, Education and Livelihood • Interventions would be designed and implemented on the basis of needs identified and their prioritization
➢ Vendor park leverage into streamlining logistics ➢ Just-in-time deliveries to the plant ➢ Milk Runs for vendor park items
➢ Logistics responsibilities to Service Provider ➢ Vendor and Service Provider to manage inventories ➢ Vehicles usage for both in-bound and out-bound logistics
• Our local procurement from Uttarakhand will be Approx Rs 2250 Cr. at production level of 225,000 ACE vehicles.
• Only raw materials will be procured from outside Uttarakhand, as there are no suppliers exist for these items within the state.
Pune Line Shifting
Second Lines Operational
• State revenue from Tata Motors in 20 years ( 2007-2027) - Rs.3811 Crores • Average revenue per year spread over 20 years - Rs.191 Crores/yr
Paint Shop Operational
• No. of suppliers in Vendor Park: 60
• No. of items to be supplied from vendor...