Thousands of workers at Jaguar and Land Rover plants were told that the marques have been sold to the Indian conglomerate Tata.
A deal between Tata and Ford over the sale of two of the best known names in British car making was concluded after months of painstaking negotiations.
Overview of the two companies:
Tata Motors Limited is India's largest automobile company, with revenues of Rs. 32,426 crores (USD 7.2 billion) in 2006-07. It is the leader by far in commercial vehicles in each segment, and the second largest in the passenger vehicles market with winning products in the compact, midsize car and utility vehicle segments. The company is the world's fifth largest medium and heavy commercial vehicle manufacturer, and the world's second largest medium and heavy bus manufacturer.
• Strong tax incentives for inbound investors
• Strong political motivation for globalization
• Strong reputation and trust
• Adaptive legislative framework
• Negative effect on the IT industry after 2009 as the government’s initiative of Tax holiday under STPI expires (Thinking Street 2007).
• Strong technical skills
• Strong export base
• Strong infrastructure links
• Competitive labour cost model
• Adaptive investment authority to technological investments
• Highly mobile work force
• Strong science and educational culture
• Strong management culture
• Adaptive English speaking population
• Strong R & D culture and facilities
• Strong tie-ups with western technology companies
• Adaptive to new technologies
Jaguar Cars Limited is a luxury car manufacturer based in Whitley, Coventry, United Kingdom with two production plants in Castle Bromwich and Halewood. It was founded as the Swallow Sidecar Company in Blackpool in 1922, changing to SS Cars Ltd in 1934 in Coventry, and finally becoming Jaguar Cars Ltd in 1945, followed by several... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2008, 07). Tata Buys Jaguar (Pest Analysis). StudyMode.com. Retrieved 07, 2008, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Tata-Buys-Jaguar-Pest-Analysis-156638.html
"Tata Buys Jaguar (Pest Analysis)" StudyMode.com. 07 2008. 07 2008 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Tata-Buys-Jaguar-Pest-Analysis-156638.html>.
"Tata Buys Jaguar (Pest Analysis)." StudyMode.com. 07, 2008. Accessed 07, 2008. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Tata-Buys-Jaguar-Pest-Analysis-156638.html.