1. Is the requirement stated properly? Y/N
2. What is the requirement position? P-parent, C-child, P&C-parent & child, O-orphan
3. Is the requirement’s rationale good or bad? G/B with good defined as understandable and clearly justifies the specific requirement.
4. Is the requirement functional, non-functional or a constraint? F/NF/C
5. Is this requirement verifiable? Y/N
6. Should this requirement even be a requirement? Y/N
7. Were specific standards, say from NASA, referenced in the requirement or rationale? Y/N
| Questions Regarding Requirements |
Requirement | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |
18.104.22.168 | The spacecraft shall be launched to Earth orbit using a launch vehicle selected by the NASA Discovery Program. | Y | Child | G | F | Y | Y | N |
22.214.171.124 | The launch vehicle shall place the Orbital Transfer Vehicle (OTV) on a trans-lunar trajectory from Low Earth Orbit (LEO) to Low Lunar Orbit (LLO). | Y | Child | G | F | Y | Y | Y |
126.96.36.199 | The spacecraft shall maintain communications in transit to lunar orbit. | N | Child | B | F | Y | Y | N |
188.8.131.52 | The OTV spacecraft shall perform course corrections during trans-lunar coast | Y | Child | G | F | Y | Y | N |
184.108.40.206 | The OTV shall provide the delta V required enter lunar orbit | Y | Child | B | F | Y | N | N |
220.127.116.11 | Lunar seismic vehicles shall separate from the OTV after lunar orbit insertion and descend to the surface of the moon | Y | Child | G | F | Y | Y | N |
18.104.22.168 | The lunar landing sites shall be selected based on recommendations of the mission science team | Y | Child | G | NF | N | N | N |
22.214.171.124 | The lunar seismic vehicle shall secure the seismometers to the moon’s sub-regolith rock | N | Child | G | F | N | Y | N |
126.96.36.199 | The seismometers shall be calibrated once emplaced on the lunar surface | N | Child | B | F | N | Y | N |
188.8.131.52 | Once calibrated, the lunar seismic... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2013, 03). Systems Engineering. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 03, 2013, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Systems-Engineering-1511844.html
"Systems Engineering" StudyMode.com. 03 2013. 2013. 03 2013 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Systems-Engineering-1511844.html>.
- MLA 7
"Systems Engineering." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 03 2013. Web. 03 2013. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Systems-Engineering-1511844.html>.
"Systems Engineering." StudyMode.com. 03, 2013. Accessed 03, 2013. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Systems-Engineering-1511844.html.