2.1 Background of the Study
* This section gives background information on the study by discussing any or all of the following in textual paragraph form:
* The general area in Computer Science or Information Technology where the study may be classified. Examples are the following:
1) For Payroll, Accounts Receivable/Payable, Inventory, Reservation, Library, etc. Systems, the general area which may be discussed is Information Systems.
2) For Expert Systems, CAIs, ICAIs, ITSs, etc., the general area is Artificial Intelligence.
3) For Editor Softwares, Utility Softwares, Compilers, etc., the general area is Software Technology.
4) For Multimedia Systems, Geographical Information Systems, Hypertext, etc., these are the actual general areas.
* The current state of technology on the general area leading to the current state of technology in the specific area.
* The specific company/corporation/institution on which the study is being conducted. A brief history, organization, some statistics (e.g. number of employees, locations/branches, etc.) products and/or services, etc.
* A general and brief description of the system under study.
2.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
* The problem of the study. This is identified by answering the question: What is being solved by this research or thesis project.
* The statement of the problem is a clear, definite, and logical statement of the major problem(s) and the sub-problem(s) if any.
* How to write the problem.
1) State the problem of the study fully and precisely in enumerated form
2) State the problem in complete grammatical sentence, punctuation is important. Provide justification to support the statement.
Systems Development – Payroll System
* How to design, develop and implement a computerized payroll system for XYZ Company?
Cite This Essay
(2010, 11). Systems Analysis and Design. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 11, 2010, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Systems-Analysis-And-Design-498125.html
"Systems Analysis and Design" StudyMode.com. 11 2010. 11 2010 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Systems-Analysis-And-Design-498125.html>.
"Systems Analysis and Design." StudyMode.com. 11, 2010. Accessed 11, 2010. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Systems-Analysis-And-Design-498125.html.