SUBMITTED BY:- PREETI JHA PGDM 1 “C” ROLL NO. 20/123
TABLE OF CONTENT
2. Title of the project
4. Statement of the project
5. Objective of the study
6. Purpose and importance of recruiting
7. Sources of recruitment
8. Research methodology
9. Research design
10. Data collection
11. Sample design and size
12. Plans for analysing
TITTLE OF THE PROJECT
“A Study of the Recruitment and Selection process in cycle manufacturing companies”
Bicycle was seen in India in the year 1890. Import of cycles, however, started in 1905 and continued for more than 50 years. The Government in July 1953 announced complete ban on imports, but cycle kept on simmering in the country till 1961. In 1890, selling price of an imported bicycle was around Rs. 45/-; in 1917, during the First World War the price jumped to Rs. 500/- but dropped considerably, month by month and came down to Rs. 35/- or so (U.K. makes) and Rs. 15/- or so (Japanese models).
It would be interesting to mention that in 1919, five persons in Punjab imported cycles and used them on The Mall, Simla. These included one Bishop, Two military men and two contractors including S. Pala Singh Bhogal (Grand Father of Mr. M.S. Bhogal of Ludhiana). Under special permission of the Governor, they were allowed to use cycles on ‘The Mall’ only for one hour in a day. They imported B.S.A. Cross bar Cycle from U.K. and it used to be a kind of Mela at that particular hour on the Mall in Simla, the scene watched by hundreds of people every day. Later, a firm was formed under the name of Singh & Co. with shops on Railway Road, Jalandhar and Bazaar Vakillan, Hoshiarpur, which imported bicycles in the year 1930 onwards.
STATEMENT OF THE PROJECT
Manufacturing companies are continuously striving for synergy between technology, systems and human resources to provide products and services that meet the quality, performance, and price aspirations of the customers. While doing so, they maintain the highest standards of ethics and societal responsibilities constantly innovate products.
OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The objectives of research are as follows:
1. To study the recruitment and selection policies followed in manufacturing companies of cycles in case of administrative staff.
2. To study the various sources of recruitment followed in those companies.
3. To study the effectiveness of recruitment and selection procedures followed in companies.
PURPOSE AND IMPORTANCE OF RECRUITING
1. Determine the present and future requirements of the organization on conjunction with its personnel planning and job analysis activities.
2. Increase the pool of job candidates at minimum cost.
3. Help reduce the probability that job applicants, once recruited and selected, will leave the organization only after a short period of time.
4. Help increase the success rate of the selection process by reducing the number of visibly under qualified or overqualified job applicants.
5. Meet the organization legal and social obligations regarding the composition of its work force.
6. Begin identifying and preparing potential job applicants who will be appropriate candidates.
7. Increase organizational and individual effectiveness in the short term and long term.
Recruitment is a positive function in which publicity is given to the jobs...