International Finance College
Course Code: 03110180 Name of Course: Behavior Finance
Credit: 2.0 Teaching Hours: 72hours Term: Spring term 2011
Instructors: Doctor .Zheng, Yong E-mail: Yongzheng1103@yahoo.com.cn
The course of behavior finance use insights from psychology to understand how human behavior influences the decisions of individual and professional investors, markets, and managers. Its purpose is to present what we have learned about financial decision-making from behavioral finance research, while recognizing the challenges that remain. We will see, from this course, that behavior finance is useful in helping us understand certain puzzles at the level of the investor. And more recently, behavior finance has also made stride in providing insight into the behavior of managers.
If you finished the course you will be able to:
• Understand the foundations of modern finance and its holes. • Understand the foundations of psychology.
• Examine how psychology impacts financial decision-making at the level of the individual. • Examine how social forces impact the choices people make. • Describe how psychological biases have the potential to impact the behavior of managers. • Apply behavior finance theories to research retirement, pensions, education, debiasing, and client management. •
Financial markets and institutions, Mishkin/Eakins, Pearson Addison Wesley, 5th edition
1. 华尔街日报：Wall Street journal
Presentation, in-class discussion: 60%
Final Examination: 40%
Presentation, in-class discussion (60%)
1. Each class is divided into 10 teams.
2. Each team will do a presentation which should relate to...