• New ideas and concept with fast execution has become a trademark of GEO --'Fastest Firsts'.
• First to bring the Breaking News concept in Pakistan.
• Unbiased, accurate and timely 24-hour news in ‘Urdu language’.
• Most competitive work team.
Goodwill as the largest media group in the country, Here is a look at just some of them:
1) First to give election results -- 7 hours before the nearest competitor (Election 2002 special transmission and coverage).
2) First to use videophones in Iraq and Afghanistan and remote regions of Pakistan for live coverage.
3) First to start political satire in Pakistan depicting current and past heads of state (Hum Sub Umeed Say Hain).
4) The first to produce joint India-Pak ventures like "Gaye Gi Duniya Geet Meray", "Faslay" and "Lakhon Mein Teen".
5) First to have live link-up with USA & UK.
6) First to introduce bilingual News Tickers.
7) First channel with international graphics applications.
8) First to have representatives of two religious sects on one plat form openly presenting opposing viewpoints. (Aalim Online)
9) First to run 2 soaps back to back 4 days a week. Creating history in the entertainment arena of Pakistan (1-2-3 campaign).
10) First to distribute Rs 6,500,000 worth of gifts in 23 cities in 48 hours (GEO Eidi).
11) First to telecast a live police encounter. (Al-Qaeda Defence shootout).
12) Created the country's biggest blockbuster production utilizing the largest sets, cast and budget (Umrao Jan Ada).
13) First channel to take a game show to people's homes all across Pakistan– (GEO aur Jeeto)
14) First to telecast live telethon in Pakistan. The telecast raised Rs6,000,000 in a twelve-hour period through call-ins on a premium rate number. -- Zindagi campaign with Shahzad Roy
15) First action based reality show – Police
16) First to conduct the largest and most aggressive recruitment and...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document