Competitor’s analysis on Weaknesses and Strengths
Facebook, founded by Mark Zuckerberg, is a social networking service launched in February 2004. [pic]
1. Facebook has a tremendous social network. As of September 2012, Facebook has over one billion active users, more than half of whom use Facebook on a mobile device. 2. It ranks the second among the top 500 networking sites.
3. It has been translated into 70 languages so that people in any country can use it easily. Hence, different people around the world where they can share their ideas and reconnect. 4. Facebook has a strong brand name.
5. It possesses the highest market share among the networking sites. 6. The target audience is massive. Facebook is available for everyone. 7. It has a very strong financial position.
1. There are massive advertisements which distract the users. 2. The site makes a lot of constant changes and people cannot adapt these changes. 3. Privacy problem
OpenRice is a food and restaurant guide website which currently operates in Hong Kong, Macau, China, Singapore, Indonesia, Philippines and Thailand. It was launched for Hong Kong (in traditional Chinese) in 1999.
1. OpenRice possess a huge data base of information. As of July 2012, the Hong Kong website has approximately 40,000 recorded restaurants, 530,000 registered diners and over 572,000 ratings and comments. All these resources provide abundant information for the users. 2. The rating system and comments from users themselves provide relatively credible information about restaurants. 3. It is the largest and famous food guide in Hong Kong.
1. There may be some fake and unreliable information about restaurants, especially for those small restaurants. Few comments may not be...