LOT Polish Airlines, is the flag carrier of Poland, based in Warsaw, LOT was established in 1929, making it one of the world's oldest airlines still in operation. LOT operates a complex network to 60 destinations in Europe, the Middle East, North America, and Asia. Most of the destinations are served from its hub, Warsaw Chopin Airport. Besides long-haul service (like New York, Toronto, Hanoi, the airline has a large short-haul service, with recently added destinations like Donieck. The core activity of PLL LOT S.A. includes air transport of passengers and cargo. Passenger air transportation generates over 90% of revenues. Since 2003, PLL LOT S.A. has been a member of the biggest airline network, Star Alliance. The entity offers domestic and international flights to airports in Europe, North America, Asia and the Middle East. On the Polish market of passenger transportation, PLL LOT S.A. enjoys the position of a leader. Currently, the Polish govrnment owns 68% of shares in LOT; Regionalny Fundusz Gospodarczy S.A. owns 25%; employees own 6.93%. LOT has decided to privatise in 2011. Subsidiaries:
* EuroLOT, a wholly owned subsidiary airline, founded on 1 July 1997. * LOT Charters, a charter subsidiary set up in 2009.
* Centralwings, a low-cost subsidiary that was operational between 2004 and 2009. Facts & Figures
* Founded in 1 January 1929
* Company slogan: “You’re under good wings”
* Parent company: State Treasury of Poland
* Headquarters Warsaw, Poland
* Number of aircraft : 38 (52 incl. Subsidiaries)
* Number of employees: 2,887
* Passengers per year: 4.1 million
* Subsidiaries: EuroLOT, LOT Catering, LOT Charters, LOT Cargo * Number of scheduled destinations: 92
* Daily departures: 212
* Star Alliance Member as of: October 2003
* Frequent flyer programme: Miles & More
* Hubs: Warsaw
* Aircraft types: Boeing 767-300, Boeing 737-500, Boeing 737-400, Embraer 195, Embraer 170, Embraer...