Smba08037 (Section G)
Emirates Airlines (also known as Fly Emirates) is a major airline in the Middle East, and a subsidiary of The Emirates Group. It is the national airline of Dubai, United Arab Emirates and operates over 1,990 passenger flights per week, from its hub at Dubai International Airport, to 157 destinations in 55 countries across 6 continents. The company also operates four of the world's longest non-stop commercial flights from Dubai to Los Angeles, São Paulo, Houston, and San Francisco, all on the Boeing 777-200LR, & has latest Airbus A380 aircrafts for destinations like Bangkok. Emirates Airlines is a subsidiary of The Emirates Group, which has over 40,000 employees from 101 nationalities, and is wholly-owned by the Government of Dubai directly under the Investment Corporation of Dubai. Cargo activities are undertaken by the Emirates Group's Emirates Sky-Cargo division. Strengths
* has the advantage of size
* decision to focus on diversified market
* entering the cargo shipping
* top global brand.
* a strong corporate culture
* continuously renew and improve their service in the airline and aviation * effectively managing the needs of their target audience Weaknesses
* Not all of diversification and approach have been successful * Does not cater a lot of places in US
* Does not cater to middle class & budget traveler
* focusing too much on their high-end acquisitions and diversification Opportunities
* to develop continuously new generations of more advanced airline and aviation services * tap into more markets as a result of the innovations being introduced in the aviation * penetrate new growth markets where internet adoption still has room * Leveraging Emirates Airline’s infrastructure business to get first choice * Innovation
* Personalized services
* Budget travelers
* Rival companies...