Wipro Ltd. is the flagship company of the Azim H Premji group. Wipro was incorporated in the year 1945. The company started off originally as a manufacturer of vegetable ghee/vanaspati (hydrogenated vegetable oils), refined edible oils etc. Gradually, It diversified into various other businesses. The group forayed into information technology business in 1982. Wipro is a global IT services company. The company provides comprehensive IT solutions and services, including systems integration, information systems outsourcing, package implementation, software application development and maintenance, and research and development services to corporations. The company mainly operates in the US. It is headquartered in Karnataka, India and employs more than 108,071 people worldwide as of March 2010. It has interests varying from information technology, consumer care, lighting, engineering and healthcare businesses. SWOT Analysis examines the company’s key business structure and operations, history and products, and provides summary analysis of its key revenue lines and strategy. Strengths:
* Global R&D facility.
* Retention of the man-power is the best in the industry. * Impressive list of clientele.
* Delivery capabilities & client satisfaction
* Commitment to go the extra mile
* Strong financial performance
* Diversified operations
* Technological partnership with other software companies * MEGA Partnership – Cisco, EMC, Microsoft, Oracle and SAP Weaknesses:
* Domestic market was huge but was underdeveloped
* Small player in global market
* Limited domain
* Clients not trusting the capabilities of Indian Software Cos. Opportunities:
* In the consultancy area.
* Huge global market
* Huge potential in domestic market
* Increasing cost of human capital.
* Slowdown in the US economy.
* Competition by Indian companies in domestic market