* Leading global trading nation - The United Kingdom is the second largest exporter and third largest importer of commercial services.
* Agricultural resources to survive - The UK's energy sector accounts for 10% of the GDP, one of the highest shares of many other industrial nations. They are self sufficient with basic foods which is intensive and highly mechanized. Key agriculture products include: cereals, oilseed, potatoes, vegetables, cattle, sheep, poultry, and fish.
* Communications - The UK has one of the largest most advanced telecoms markets in Europe. Over 59% of the population utilizes the internet. It also has excellent broadband infrastructure with sophisticated DSL and cable networks.
* Business - The UK is well known for their strengths in banking, insurance, and business services which make up for 75% of their GDP. The UK is highly regarded for one of the largest recipients of foreign direct investments globally. The UK is forecast to sustain the strongest business environment compared to all the other major European countries from 2007 to 2011.
* High levels of individual debt
* High levels of government debt
* Elevated housing prices
* Reduction of exports due to strong pound
* Low levels of investing
* Risk of deflation
* Lower than normal levels of personal consumption
* 7.9% unemployment rate
* Very easy to start a business - It takes about thirteen days to set up a business in the UK. The UK is fifth in the world as the easiest place to operate a business
* Gives access to a large world market - The UK is the main gateway to Europe which gives access to the European Union which is the largest single consumer market (population of 500 million). With the connections that can be made in the European Union alone it would grow your business. * Innovation - The UK is second behind the US for...