Roll No. 03
|1. Media And Entertainment is one of the most booming sectors in India due to its vast customer reach. The various segments of |
|the Media And Entertainment industry like television and film industry have a large customer base. |
|2. The growing middle class with higher disposable income has become the strength of the Media And Entertainment industry. |
|3. Change in the lifestyle and spending patterns of the Indian masses on entertainment. |
|4. Technological innovations like online distribution channels, web-stores, multi- and mega-plexes are complementing the ongoing|
|revolution and the growth of the sector. |
5. Indian film industry is second largest in the world and the largest in terms of the films produced and tickets sold.
6. The low cost of production and high revenues ensure a good return on investment for Indian Media And Entertainment industry.
1. The Media And Entertainment sector in India is highly fragmented.
2. Lack of cohesive production & distribution infrastructure, especially in the case of music industry.
3. The lack of efforts for media penetration in lower socio-economic classes, where the media penetration is low.
1. The concept of crossover movies, such as Bend It Like Beckham has helped open up new doors to the crossover audience and offers immense potential for development.
2. The increasing interest of the global investors in the sector.
3. The media penetration is poor among the poorer sections of the society, offering opportunities for expansion in the area.
4. The nascent stage of the new distribution... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2010, 09). Swot Analysis - Media and Entertainment Industry. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 09, 2010, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Swot-Analysis-Media-And-Entertainment-416936.html
"Swot Analysis - Media and Entertainment Industry" StudyMode.com. 09 2010. 09 2010 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Swot-Analysis-Media-And-Entertainment-416936.html>.
"Swot Analysis - Media and Entertainment Industry." StudyMode.com. 09, 2010. Accessed 09, 2010. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Swot-Analysis-Media-And-Entertainment-416936.html.