McDonald's has been a thriving business since 1955 and 20 of the top 50 corporate staff employees started as a restaurant level employee. In addition, 67,000 McDonalds restaurant managers and assistant managers were promoted from restaurant staff. Fortune Magazine 2005 listed McDonald's as the "Best Place to Work for Minorities." McDonalds invests more than $1 billion annually in training its staff, and every year more than 250,000 employees graduate from McDonald's training facility, Hamburger University.
* They are a global company operating more than 23,500 restaurants in 109 countries. By being spread out in different regions, this gives them the ability to weather economic fluctuations which are localized by country. They can also operate effectively in an economic downturn due to the social need to seek out comfort foods.
* They successfully and easily adapt their global restaurants to appeal to the cultural differences. For example, they serve lamb burgers in India and in the Middle East, they provide separate entrances for families and single women.
* Approximately 85% of McDonald's restaurant businesses world-wide are owned and operated by franchisees. All franchisees are independent, full-time operators and McDonald's was named Entrepreneur's number-one franchise in 1997. They have global locations in all major airports, and cities, along the highways, tourist locations, theme parks and inside Wal-Mart.
* They have an efficient, assembly line style of food preparation. In addition they have a systemization and duplication of all their food prep processes in every restaurant.
* McDonald's uses only 100% pure USDA inspected beef, no fillers or additives. Additionally the produce is farm fresh. McDonald's serves 100% farm raised chicken no fillers or additives and only grade-A eggs. McDonald's foods are purchased from only certified and inspected suppliers. McDonalds works closely with ranchers, growers and suppliers to ensure... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2012, 03). Swot Analysis for Mcdo. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 03, 2012, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Swot-Analysis-For-Mcdo-935384.html
"Swot Analysis for Mcdo" StudyMode.com. 03 2012. 2012. 03 2012 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Swot-Analysis-For-Mcdo-935384.html>.
- MLA 7
"Swot Analysis for Mcdo." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 03 2012. Web. 03 2012. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Swot-Analysis-For-Mcdo-935384.html>.
"Swot Analysis for Mcdo." StudyMode.com. 03, 2012. Accessed 03, 2012. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Swot-Analysis-For-Mcdo-935384.html.