The overall evaluation of a company’s Strengths(S), Weaknesses (W), Opportunities (O) and Threats (T) is called SWOT Analysis. It is a way of monitoring the external and internal marketing environment.
4.1. Analysis of Strengths and Weaknesses
This analyses the internal environment of a company. According to our comprehensive observation and analysis, the following Strengths and Weaknesses of Mini Co-op city are identified.
• As the cost of living is relatively high, this cater to low income earners by providing commodities at controlled prices, which results in lesser price fluctuations.
• Samurdhi beneficiaries receive stamps of Rs.240, Rs.340, Rs.540 per month to purchase commodities.
• Lack of parking facilities.
• The name board is not attractive and eye catching.
• Arrangement of goods and layout is ineffective.
• Display has not been utilized in correct manner and the eye level shelves are empty. • They are practicing the sales oriented concept, not the marketing oriented concept.
• No marketing and promotional effort.
• Lack of staff and currant members are not enthusiastic.
• The place in which outlets are located is not convenient.
4.2. Analysis of Opportunities and Threats
This analyses the external environment of a company. According to our observations, we identified following Opportunities and Threats of Mini co-op city.
• Existence of a network of branches and opportunity to further expand it through government fund allocation.
• With terrorism coming to an end and achievement of peace, ability to capture new North and Eastern market which attracts relatively low competition.
• Limited availability of funds.
• High political influence and change of political parties will affect entire policies and practices.