* “Unlike competition, the 2010 RAM HD pickup truck doesn’t require diesel exhaust fluid to meet 2010 emission standards.” * Two motors available: 5.7 L V8 Hemi, 5-speed auto transmission. 6.7 L Cummins Turbo Diesel with optional manual or automatic 6-speed transmission. * Cummins Turbo Diesel available on all trims.
* Diesel is best in class, acceleration and towing capabilities; compared to competing gas HD trucks. Weaknesses:
* General Motors and Ford are known for having more luxurious and more comfortable interiors on their heavy duty vehicles. * Increased weight (GVWR) from 9,000 lbs to 9,600 lbs.
* 5 speeds (Hemi) transmission, only 6 speeds (Cummins) on 2011’s. Opportunities:
* Low monthly payments and options to return after 36 months. * Cummins Diesel passed 2010 E-test standard back in 2007 when the 6.7 L was introduced. * Proven product while Ford and GM struggle with their diesel emissions challenges. Threats:
* Competitions: Chevy Silverblade 2500, Ford F-250 Super-Duty, GMC Sierra 3500 HD. * Base price is competitive with all except Ford F-250.
* F-250 also has more interior space, more maximum towing and payload capacity. * Environmentalists would be against the truck.
* Past performances (older problematic models).
* Recovering economy hesitant to “splurge on expensive truck.”
SWOT Analysis Wal-Mart
* Wal-Mart is a powerful retail brand. It has a reputation for value for money, convenience and a wide range of products all in one store. * Wal-Mart has grown substantially over recent years, and has experienced global expansion (for example its purchase of the United Kingdom based retailer ASDA). * The company has a core competence involving its use of information technology to support its international logistics system. For example, it can see how individual products are performing country-wide, store-by-store at a glance. IT also...