1. A car moved 80 km to the South. What is its displacement?
2. A car moved 60 km East and 90 km West. What is the distance?
3. A car moved 60 km East and 90 km West. What is the displacement?
4. A cheetah can run 274 m in 8.65 s at top speed. What is its top speed in m/s? What is its top speed in km/h?
5. A tree sloth is the slowest moving animal. Walking as fast as it can, it covers 4 meters in 1 minute. What is its top speed in m/s?
6. How long would the tree sloth take to walk at top speed 274 m?
7. What is the average velocity of a car that moved 60km Southeast in 3 hours? In m/s?
8. What is the average velocity of a car that moved 40 km East and 80 km West in 2 hours?
9. Acceleration is the measure of the change in what?
10. If a car accelerates from 3 m/s to 12 m/s in 3 seconds, what is the car's average acceleration?
11. How long does it take to accelerate an object from rest to 15 m/s if the acceleration was 3 m/s2?
12. If a car has a constant acceleration of 4 m/s2, starting from rest, how fast is it traveling after 5 seconds?
13. If a car has a constant acceleration of 4 m/s2, starting from rest, how far has it traveled after 5 seconds?
Working with SUVAT equations
Remember to always sketch a diagram and write down the known values of s, u, v, a and t.
v=at + u
s= ½ (u+v) t
s=ut + ½ at2
v2=u2 + 2sa
1. A parachutist jumps out of an aeroplane and accelerates uniformly at 9.8 ms-2 for ten seconds.
a. How far does she travel?
b. What is her final velocity?
2. A car accelerates uniformly from 5 ms-1 to 20 ms-1 over a distance of 500m.
a. How much time does this take?
b. What is the car’s acceleration?
3. A bullet is fired vertically at 600 ms-1.
a. How high does it reach?...