1. John G. Roberts, Jr.
2. Kagan, Elena
Sotomayor, Sonia M.
Alito, Samuel A., Jr.
Breyer, Stephen G.
Ginsburg, Ruthburg Bader
Kennedy, Anthony M.
3. Souter, David H.
O’Connor, Sandra Day
Stevens, John Paul
4. The Senate
5. That the Justices can be Justices as long as they don’t break any laws.
6. A. III
7. This would mess with the “Separation of Powers” and one branch would be stronger than the other.
8. Original jurisdiction is when the court hears if first and decides. Appellate jurisdiction is when the case is reviewed after it has gone to the original jurisdiction. “Biographies of Current Justices”
1. They are ordered in ABC order after the Chief of Justice. After the current Justices, then come the retired Justices. That it is fair. 2. John G. Roberts, Jr.
a. Received A.B. from Harvard College and a J.D. from Harvard College b. Served as a law clerk for Judge Henry J. Friendly from 1979-1980 c. George W. Bush
d. September 29, 2005
a. Earned B.A. from Princeton University and earned J.D. from Yale Law School b. Was an Assistant District Attorney in the New York County District Attorney’s Office from 1979-1984 c. Barack Obama
d. August 8, 2009
3. Scalia, Antonin
“Members of the Supreme Court”
Kagan, Elena| B. Obama|
Sotomayor, Sonia M.| G. W. Bush|
Alito, Samuel A., Jr.| G. W. Bush|
Breyer, Stephen G.| B. Clinton|
Ginsburg, Ruthburg Bader| G. Bush|
Thomas, Clarence| G. Bush|
Kennedy, Anthony M.| R. Reagen|
Scalia, Antonin | R. Reagen|
Roberts, John G., Jr.| G. W. Bush|
“The Supreme Court Building”
1. Chief Justice Charles Evans Hughes
2. Merchants Exchange Building
3. Chief Justice William Howard Taft
5. Justice is a female figure of t=Themis and Justicia. The scales represent impartiality and the sword...