This leaflet is to ensure the Company complies with relevant employment law from recruitment stage through working life of the role to the end of role.
The first part is about recruitment & selection
Two internal and two external factors which can impact on employment relationships are:
* Internal you need to make sure your job description and job specification is correct, it complies with all the employment laws and is none discriminating there is an appropriate timescale for applications to be received and the deadline isn’t changed and no application are accepted after the deadline then that the selection process is fair and again is non-discriminating making sure you stick to the job specification throughout the process and that you record feedback for those who require or ask for it .
* External you have to think about the job advertisement how much it will cost, were you would put it for how long, that it complies again with all the employment laws and is non discriminating that the advert is in plain text that there are no abriviations or jargin that could stop people applying and maybe have it available in other languages if possible, also once offer has been given and accepted you need to make sure the offer and contracts are all written correctly and all the information is correct and what you have offered them verbally and that you retain a copy of the letter and contract with the interview packs and that the non successful candidates are informed and given clear feedback and none discriminating and if required a copy sent to them.
3 different types of employment and reasons why it is important to clearly determine an individual’s employment status:-
* Full Time- Work for the business under our contract and following out T&C
* Agency- Temporary workers, short term contracts
* Contractors- Owns own company or works for... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2012, 04). Supporting Good Practice in Managing Employment Relations. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 04, 2012, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Supporting-Good-Practice-In-Managing-Employment-976439.html
"Supporting Good Practice in Managing Employment Relations" StudyMode.com. 04 2012. 04 2012 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Supporting-Good-Practice-In-Managing-Employment-976439.html>.
"Supporting Good Practice in Managing Employment Relations." StudyMode.com. 04, 2012. Accessed 04, 2012. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Supporting-Good-Practice-In-Managing-Employment-976439.html.