- Wishes made on the first star seen of an evening are said to come true. - If you make a wish and blow all of the candles on your birthday cake out in one breath, the wish is said to come true. - It is unlucky for a groom to see his bride, on the day of the wedding, before the ceremony starts. -Opening an umbrella inside the house brings bad luck to the person, and the entire household. - It is unlucky for a baby to see its reflection in a mirror before its first birthday. Doing so, could cause the child to have crossed eyes or to stutter. - Sweeping at night will reduce your "blessings."
- Never sweep dirt out of your door, you will sweep your good luck out with it. - When a person dies and their eyes are still open, they are said to be awaiting the arrival of more souls of family members. - It is bad luck to have a black cat cross your path. This is a regional thing as black cats are considered lucky in some areas of the world. - If a black cat walks toward you it will bring good luck to you. - If a black cat walks away from you, it will take your luck with it. - Breaking a mirror brings seven years bad luck.
- Mirrors should be covered in a household in mourning.
- Covering a mirror during a thunderstorm will keep the thunder from shattering it. - It is unlucky for a baby to see its reflection in a mirror before its first birthday. Doing so, could cause the child to have crossed eyes or to stutter. - Looking into a mirror over someone's shoulder will result in a quarrel between the two people. - If a mirror falls from the wall (unaided) and breaks, it foretells of a death in the household. - Always enter a room/building on your right foot.
- Always enter and leave a building by the same door.
- Always enter and leave a bed on the same side.
- Cover your mouth when you sneeze, your soul is said to take leave of your body in this manner. This is also why people say "Bless you" to someone who sneezes. - Giving a wallet without money in...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document