Number _____ Series of 2013
Dir. FATIMA ABUBAKAR (BSE)
ALL DIVISION SUPERINTENDENTS
SUBJECT: REGIONAL ESSAY WRITING AND POSTER MAKING CONTEST IN PARTNERSHIP WITH THE OFFICE OF THE SPEAKER REGIONAL
FEBRUARY 8, 2013
1. Education is the only enduring solution to the peace and order problem in Mindanao. A politically negotiated settlement is seen as a only a short-term solution to the decades old problem that has been plaguing the region. After 11 years, the peace negotiations between the Government and MILF has finally seen a breakthrough with the signing of the Framework of Agreement between GPH and MILF, which will give birth to a new Bangsamoro Entity hopefully in 2015.
2. Our pupils’ and students’ ideas, aspirations and beliefs about being a Bangsamoro are a very significant factor in realizing our dream of peace and development in Mindanao. This is why we need to know and capture through essay writing and poster making what it means to be a Bangsamoro from the eyes of our children.
3. In view thereof, DepEd-ARMM in partnership with Speaker Rasul Mitmug of the Regional Legislative Assembly (RLA) shall conduct the Regional Essay Writing Contest for Secondary students-- 3rd year and Fourth Year public school and Pilot Madaris students.
4. The contest aims to promote awareness on the current situation of the peace process between the MILF and GPH and to define what it means to be a Bangsamoro for students.
5. The theme for the essay writing and poster making is “I am a Bangsamoro.”
Essay Writing: 1500 Words Essay (Handwritten or Typed) in Short Bond Paper Poster Making: 1 Poster Sized Drawing, Painting or Collage in Cartolina Paper
Division: February 28, 2013 for elimination rounds (1 entry for Essay and 1 entry for Poster)
Region: March 7, 2013 for Final Deliberations and Announcement of Winners Awarding Ceremonies: March 14, 2013 at the RLA Executive Hall
1st Prize for Essay Writing/Poster-Making: Php 7,000 each and Plaque 2nd Prize for Essay Writing/Poster-Making: Php 5,000 each and Plaque 3rd Prize for Essay Writing/Poster-Making: Php 2,500 each and Plaque
9. For more information contact Dir. ALIAH P. CALI-PASCAN at 09177196353. 9. For immediate compliance of all concerned.
ATTY. MAISARA C. DANDAMUN-LATIPH
Regional Assistant Cabinet Secretary
Entry Form with General for Essay and Poster Making Contest
Republic of the Philippines
Department of Education
Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao
ESSAY WRITING CATEGORY
I AM A BANGSAMORO
General Rules of the Essay Writing Contest
1. The 1500 words essay writing contest shall be based on your understanding of what it means to be a Bangsamoro.
2. This contest is open to all third year and fourth year students enrolled in either public schools or private pilot madrasah during the school year 2012-2013. 3. The essay should be original and unpublished (in print or online). It must be written by sole author. Collective authorship is not allowed.
4. The entries will be ranked based on accurate knowledge of the topic, originality style, composition, clarity and logical thought and reasoning;
5. The entries must be in English or Filipino computerized, double spaced on short bondpaper, using Arial (body) with 12 font size with a minimum of 1, 200 and a maximum of 1, 500 words or neatly and legibly handwritten.
6. Each school shall conduct a school based competition among third year and fourth year students. The one winner of each school shall compete for division level elimination rounds. The first place per division shall proceed to regional level. The Regional Competition shall be participated in by 10 divisional winners. 7. The Regional Competition shall be held at RLA Executive Hall on March 14, 2013 at 1 pm. Each winner shall...