2010 Spring, BUSS205-03
Marketing strategy Team#10
이지훈 (경영학과 2007120334)
박제연 (경영학과 2005120068)
정현영 (경영학과 2007120319)
김형준 (경영학과 2007120320)
김영은 (심리학과 2008130207)
This proposal contains six different parts. 1. Introduction for brand. 2. Situational analysis, 3. Marketing goals, 4. Market STP analysis, 5. 4P’s and Marketing Mix. And then 6. Conclusion.
1) Introduction for brand – Not a single product, but a brand named Subaru. 2) Situational analysis - That contains economic, market analysis, and SWOT analysis etc. This part includes some internal, external features. 3) Marketing Goals – A brand should set goals. Goals and strategies must be clearly defined. 4) STP analysis
5) 4P’s and Marketing Mixes.
6) Conclusion for Subaru’s marketing strategy
1. Brand Introduction .
Subaru is a Motor Company in Japan. At first, the Subaru made airplane parts. After the world war Ⅱ, the defeat of Japan Subaru changed their business part to Car maker. In February 1954, they made their fist proto-typed car named Subaru. In October 1965, they made the front-wheel drive car produced in mass production first in Japan. And then in 1984, Fuji-heavy industry, the owner of Subaru, made the first ECVT (electronic-continuously variable transmission). And then due to their technological features and brand-powers, they got the license of WRC (World Rally Championship) in driver & maker part. From then, they have great performance and many prizes in WRC. And in 2003, they got ‘This Year’s Car’ award during 2003-2004 in Japan with ‘Legacy’. In January 2009, they won 6th Machinery Industry conference’s Japan’s Machinery Industrial association president prize about horizontal-faced boxer engine. They’re recognized as high-technological, high-performance brand. In January 2010, they announced going into Korean market. And in April, they started to sell the product in Korea. Subaru Inc. was selected as the most-safe car in 2009 USA, This Year’s Car award Motortrend, made sensation in USA. They got great reputation for their advanced technologies and great performance on their vehicle. The whole brand Subaru should consider just one product for the marketing strategy. And then we want to discuss the whole efficient way about marketing strategy in Subaru’s situation in Korea. They have no brand-names or whole bunch of reputations than they had got in another market.
1. Growth of imported car market share for the whole car market - According to Imported cars association in Korea, KAIDA, the proportion of new registered imported cars in Korea has grown to 6.04% for 10 years. From the end of IMF financial crisis, the imported car market grew that much, but because of old car changing project by the government in 2009, the imported cars’ M/S for whole car selling dropped by 4.94%. Although their market share had dropped, whole car selling number is stable about 61,000. 24 brands have registered including Subaru joined in 26, May 2010.
Imported Car market, growing faster, as the left side CSI(Consumer Sentiment Index), and CBI(Consumer Behavior Index) shows the recoveries in economy and the bottom one the Imported cars’ selling in 2010 indicate the whole sale is related to economy and growing in positive direction. We can interpret it if the economy grows in positive direction, the Imported cars’ selling in Korea moves same direction to the economy.
2. Market analysis - about Japanese cars and best selling cars. The composition of imported car market is divided by BMW, BENZ, AUDI, Volkswagen and etc. In best selling cars, their brands market share in Imported car market is about 60%, and best five selling cars’ market share is also about above 20%. That means the whole market is consist of big brands such as BMW and the mid-sized part is the most competitive and concentrated part.
In Japanese cars, they get 20% of whole imported car market, and their brands...