Define the following key terms (pg. 617)
- Science during the scientific revolution
- Earth was grand size, no crystal sphere; stated earth was just another planer
- Destroyed Aristotle physics
-Galileo; conducted control experiment to find what happened
Law of inertia
-Galileo; an object in motion stays in motion unless stopped by external force
Law of universal gravitation
-Newton; every body attracts another in a math relationship; force is proportional to quantity of matter & is inversely proportional to square distance between them.
-Francis Bacon; inductive reasoning: reasoning from detailed facts to general principles
-Desacartes reasoning; deductive reasoning: mind and matter
- intelligent group linked by scientific interest & values
-new world perspective in the 18th century
- began with the scientific revolution
- Secular/ Critical way of thinking
- main focus of continuing forward in the Scientific Revolution
- Questioning and doubting everything
- John Locke; human mind being a blank tablet at birth
- group of French intelligence who brought light of knowledge to ignorant people during the Enlightenment
Separation of powers
- political power divided by a variety of powers & legal estates holding unequal rights & privileges.
- New style of enlightenment reading in france
- Individually/ Silent/ Quickly Reading
- Elegant drawing room where elites met to discuss & debate Enlightenment topic: France
-style of pastels, love, sentimental portraits & ornament interiors
- Institution with philosophes discussions
- the interests in people
Cite This Essay
(2013, 03). Study Guides. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 03, 2013, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Study-Guides-1527949.html
"Study Guides" StudyMode.com. 03 2013. 2013. 03 2013 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Study-Guides-1527949.html>.
- MLA 7
"Study Guides." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 03 2013. Web. 03 2013. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Study-Guides-1527949.html>.
"Study Guides." StudyMode.com. 03, 2013. Accessed 03, 2013. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Study-Guides-1527949.html.