Human Resource Management
Midterm Exam Study Guide
The midterm covers chapters 1 through 9 (TCOs 1 – 9) and it is worth 160 points. There are 25 multiple choice questions worth 4 points each and 3 essay questions worth 20 points each. Please be sure to save your answers frequently as you take this exam (e.g. after posting your answers to every 4-5 questions) so that your browser does not time you out and kick you off. It is critical to save your answers frequently as you take this mid-term exam! You have a maximum of 2.5 hours to complete the exam.
NOTE: Questions for the Midterm Exam comes from information from the textbook, lectures, and thread discussions.
* Study Hints:
* Complete the assigned textbook readings
* Make sure you understand the Key Terms at the end of each chapter
* Review the Thread discussions
* Check your work several times before submitting your exam
* Do not spend too much time on one question
* Review and print my lectures
* Take the practice quizzes
* Use the glossary and subject index to quickly review test terms
* Key Concepts and Terms for Review:
* Modern trends affecting HRM (globalization, diversity, organizational staffing strategies, etc.)
* 4 Functions of HRM
* Employment testing
* Equal employment legislation (ADA, ADEA, Title VII, FMLA, etc.)
* Employee rights (Privacy) Legislation & best practices
* Employee discipline guidelines
* Employment-at-will doctrine
* Job analysis
* Employment recruitment, interview, and selection techniques & best practices
* Principles of adult learning
* Training design and development
* International HRM (contrasted with domestic HRM, best practices, etc.)
* Career management
* Evolution of employment law
* Types of Discrimination
* Human Resources... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2012, 05). Study Guide. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 05, 2012, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Study-Guide-1012051.html
"Study Guide" StudyMode.com. 05 2012. 2012. 05 2012 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Study-Guide-1012051.html>.
- MLA 7
"Study Guide." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 05 2012. Web. 05 2012. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Study-Guide-1012051.html>.
"Study Guide." StudyMode.com. 05, 2012. Accessed 05, 2012. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Study-Guide-1012051.html.