GIFTY AFOKO TETTEH
TOPIC: The effects of the environment on teaching and learning
The environment is all the things that are around ones vicinity. As a school our environment constitutes the classrooms, compound furniture place of convenience teachers, the people in the community in which we find the school etc.
It is therefore very important that the school environment should be condusive and serene for teaching and learning. To this effect the environment can make a school or unmake it.
As a teacher in the Kanda Cluster of Schools, the environment is not conducive for teaching and learning. I will therefore like to find out why it is so and also find a way of solving this situation.
Statement of the problem:
The cluster of school has a very big problem as regards the environment. 1. No proper place of convenience for pupils.
2. The school is very close to the main road linking Osu and Kwame Nkrumah Circle. 3. Broken down traffic lights.
4. The compound has a dual purpose of serving the school and the community. 5. Sanitation is very poor.
6. Parents in this community do not take child education as priority. I have realise that the schools here need serious attention for learning to be effective.
Purpose of study:
1. To identify the causes of the inproper environment of the school. 2. I will also want to find out why these environmental factors affect teaching and learning. 3. I will also want to creat the awareness of the fact that the environment of a school is very paramount in teaching and learning. 4. I will also want to find out how best the environment can be improved to enhance learning.
1. Why is the environment around not conducive for learning. 2. What will be some of the ways to get the environment improved.
Significance of study:
This study will help me, other teacher, the community and stakeholders to find lasting solution to the...