* Copy and answer the following questions in a word processing document. * Be sure to save the assignment document to your Personal Fitness folder. * Be sure to save your work as 2_04.rtf.
Part I: Beginning the Activity
1. Choose an activity such as walking, running, aerobics, soccer, basketball, or rollerblading. What exercise activity will you participate in? Running
2. Why is the warm-up phase of your training program important? It will stretch each major muscle group which will be worked during the activity you are preparing for.
3. Why is the cool-down phase of your training program important? Stretch all major muscles; focus on those that will have a large demand placed on them.
4. Identify areas of your body in which you have experienced muscle soreness due to vigorous activity. Legs and arms. Part II: Design a Warm-up for Your Personal Needs
For each of the following, describe what you will do to prepare your body for the activity that you selected in Part 1, #1. Aerobic exercise:
Light jog, slow cycling, easy jump roping, side shuffles (running sideways without crossing your feet), skipping, and jogging backwards. Stretching (stretch all the major muscle groups used):
Will involve static (still) stretches and/or dynamic (moving) stretches. * Static stretches involve stretching a muscle group as far as you can, without causing pain. Static stretches should be held thirty seconds for maximum effectiveness. * Dynamic stretches, another safe form of stretching, involves slow movements which stretch the muscle groups.
Activities should mimic the movements you will do in the vigorous activity you are preparing for but are done at a lower level of intensity. Part III: Design a Cool-down for Your Personal Needs
For each of the following, describe what you will do for your cool-down for the activity that you have selected. Aerobic activity:
Please join StudyMode to read the full document