DUPSIE'S HOME FASHION
1) Description of the business
Dupsie's is the home of African clothing, Dashiki, African print, agbada (grand boubou), African jewellery, caftans, boubou, Lace Materials, African Prints, Damask, MudCloth apparel and accessories as well as the latest fashion; here you'll find the largest collection of rare and unique clothing available online or anywhere else. Dupsie's home fashion is the finest fashion of African Clothes for men, women and children. Dupsie’s African Clothing is a leading provider of African clothing in the Sub-Saharan Africa and Europe. Dupsie’s African Clothing is a full service specialty retailer of African fashion and accessories with two locations Ghana and America. 2) SWOT Analysis
The SWOT analysis of Dupsie’s home fashion covers strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. Strengths and Weaknesses are generally internal attributes, which the company will address by changing the business processes. Opportunities and threats are generally external. Overall, the mix is exciting. We live in an age of convenience, change, and competition. Creating brand awareness and making the products accessible to consumers will be an opportunity for the company. We need to make our dealing with customers one of our biggest strengths, to minimize our weaknesses. a.) Strengths
• True expertise. The marketing manager is a marketing researcher and other experienced employees in retailing. Our experience and expertise is better than anybody we know of in this particular niche area.
• Location; Consumers are likely buy from shops that they can easily reached and our many outlets will serve as an advantage.
• Goodwill: consumers like prestige which our company offers since the induction of the business in to the fashion market.
The following are favourable conditions for the company to achieve its objectives.
1. The awareness of fashion is an opportunity for the firm to create brand awareness.
2. The increasing demand for African prints is also great opportunity.
3. Ready market for both young and old
4. Availability of raw materials for garment industries.
5. Our business sector is expanding, with many future opportunities for success.
6. Local government wants to encourage local businesses.
7. Our competitors may be slow to adopt new technologies
c) List of weaknesses
1. Marketing: Dupsie's home fashion is new in the fashion industry and lacks the experience in the marketing of fabrics.
2. Brand: Dupsie's home fashion is a new brand not known by market like our competitors.
3. Location: Dupsie's home fashion is located at new site a community which is now developing.
There are several factors militating against the achievement of our objectives, these include:
1. The larger, branded competition (Chinese fabric) is threat the achievement of our objectives because they are producing cheap fabric material bearing the same name in the market have first mover advantage.
2. Good locations for our outlets can hinder the achievement of our goal.
3. Competition in the areas of pricing, product, promotion and place
4. Life style of some customers toward African wear.
5. Competition of between ‘obruni wa wu’ in the local market are hindering the achievement of the company.
6. Developments in technology may change this market beyond our ability to adapt.
7. A small change in the focus of a large competitor might wipe out any market position we achieve.
As a result of their SWOT Analysis, the consultancy may decide to specialize in rapid response, good value services to local businesses and local government. Marketing would be in selected local publications to get the greatest possible market presence for a set advertising budget, and the consultancy should keep up-to-date with changes in technology where possible.
e. Statement of the business’s current strategy
Please join StudyMode to read the full document