Strategic Management Plan
Muhammad Salman Rasheed (Roll #:04)
Zeeshan Tauqir (Roll #:10)
Abdur Razaq (Roll #:01)
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Page No.| TOPICS|
3| Company Profile|
4| Vision Statement, Mission Statement|
5-7| SWOT Analysis |
8| THE STRATEGY FORMULATION ANALYTICAL PROCESS|
9| STAGE 1ST ----- INPUT STAGE|
10-11| CPM-Competitive Profile Matrix|
12| External Factor Evaluation (EFE) Matrix|
13| Internal Factor Evaluation (IFE) Matrix|
14| STAGE 2ND ----MATCHING STAGE|
15-16| SWOT Matrix|
17-18| SPACE Matrix|
19-20| The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) Matrix|
21-22| The Internal-External (IE) Matrix|
23| Grand Strategy Matrix|
24| STAGE 3RD ----DECISION STAGE|
25-27| The Quantitative Strategic Planning Matrix (QSPM)| 28| Recommendations|
The Nishat Group:
Nishat has grown from a cotton export house into the premier business group of Pakistan with 5 listed companies, concentrating on 4 core business; Textiles, Cement, Banking and Power Generation. Today, Nishat is considered to be at par with multinational operating locally in terms of its quality products and management skills. * Annual turnover of 17 billion rupees.
* 14 billion from textiles.
* Earn foreign exchange of US $ 236 million.
* Pay taxes and levis of 2,080 million rupees annually.
Nishat Mills Ltd:
* Flagship Company established in 1951.
* Most modern, biggest composite unit of Pakistan.
* Professional and client oriented marketing.
* Green company.
* ISO 9001 and IKO-TEX 100 Certified.
* SA 8000certification currently in progress.
NML today has 1, 73,000 spindles, 284 sulzer shuttle less looms and 244 TSUDAKOMA air jet looms. NML also has the most modern textile processing unit, 2 stitching units and power generation plant with a capacity of 33.6 MW. NML total export for the year 2009 is 38.8 billion rupees. Due to the application of prudent management policies, consolidation of operations, a strong balance sheet and an effective marketing strategies, this trend is expected to continue in the years to come. The company’s production facilities comprise Spinning, Weaving, Processing, Stitching, and Power Generation.
To transform the Company into a modern and dynamic yarn, cloth and processed cloth and finished product manufacturing Company with highly professionals and fully equipped to play a meaningful role on sustainable basis in the economy of Pakistan.
To provide quality products to customers and explore new markets to promote/expand sales of the Company through good governance and foster a sound and dynamic team, so as to achieve optimum prices of products of the Company for sustainable and equitable growth and prosperity of the Company.
STRENGTHS, WEAKNESSES, OPPORTUNITIES AND THREATS (SWOT) ANALYSIS
* ISO 9001 and IKO-TEX 100 Certified. * Biggest composite unit in Pakistan. * Highest credit rating by PACRA. * Self owned power plant. * Largest dyeing facility in South East Asia.| * Relying on international market only. * High cost of production. * High employee’s turnover. * Transit time is more as compare to foreign competitor.| Opportunities| Threats|
* WTO regime implementation. * Cost reduction by using modern and technology. * Local market development. * Entering in Energy sector. (Subject to Government permission)| * Export of raw cotton and yarn. * WTO regime implantation. * Exchange rate fluctuations. * Instable political and economical conditions. * Government policies.|
1- ISO 9001 and IKO-TEX 100 Certified: As NML is mainly focusing on international markets, and with the implementation of WTO regime, these types of certifications are very helpful to win the customer’s...