STRATEGIC HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
Sub Code; DM522
TRIMESTER - V END TERM EXAMINATION, JANUARY 2010
POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN MANAGEMENT-2008 - 10
Time allowed: 3 hours
Max Marks 60
Students are required to write Roll No. on. every page of the question paper, writing anything except the Roll No. will be treated as Unfair Means. In case of rough work please use answer sheet.
Section – A
Write short answers. Attempt any three-questions from Section - A. All questions carry equal marks.
1. Write short note on HR Scorecard.
2. Briefly write your views as to how CEO compensation should be fixed/decided in the Indian manufacturing organisations in the current business environment.
3. Briefly explain an impact of information technology on HR functions in manufacturing organisations.
4. Write short note on “Human resource (employees) termination strategies" with some innovative practices in order to maintain "employer brand equity" in an organisation of your choice.
5. Briefly explain the impact of "Job Portals" e.g. Naukri.com etc. on human resource search strategies in Indian organisations. 5 x 3 = 15 marks
Section – B
Write long answers. Attempt any three questions from Section - B. All questions carry equal marks.
1. Explain how human resource management can be instrumental in helping a company create competitive advantage?
2. 2.Since recession has been over in Global economy as claimed by some Economists, it is expected that war for talent will again emerge, as HR Director of ABC Ltd., what types of Human resource strategies you will devise so that employee retention is maintained at highest levels.
3. In arguably, the human resource environment is currently more turbulent than in any other period- Briefly explain the impact of the following on the Human Resources
a. Impact of information...