Be sure to balance all equations before you start calculating! Answer key is at the end.
1) Lithium hydroxide reacts with hydrobromic acid to produce lithium bromide and water. If you start with ten grams of lithium hydroxide, how many grams of lithium bromide will be produced?
2) Ethylene (C2H4 ) reacts with oxygen gas to produce carbon dioxide and water. If you start with 45 grams of ethylene, how many grams of carbon dioxide will be produced?
3) Given the equation: HCl + Na2SO4 ( NaCl + H2SO4
If you start with 20 grams of hydrochloric acid, how many grams of sulfuric acid will be produced?
4) Given the following equation: LiOH + KCl ( LiCl + KOH
a. I began this reaction with 20 grams of lithium hydroxide. What is my theoretical yield of lithium chloride? b. I actually produced 6 grams of lithium chloride. What is my percent yield?
5) Given the following equation: C3H8 + O2 ( CO2 + H2O a. If I start with 5 grams of C3H8, what is my theoretical yield of water? b. I got a percent yield of 75%. How many grams of water did I make?
6) Be + 2 HCl ( BeCl2 + H2
My theoretical yield of beryllium chloride was 10.7 grams. If my actual yield was 4.5 grams, what was my percent yield?
7) Given the reaction: NaCl + CaO ( CaCl2 + Na2O
What is my theoretical yield of sodium oxide if I start with 20 grams of calcium oxide?
8) FeBr2 + 2 KCl ( FeCl2 + 2 KBr
a. What is my theoretical yield of iron (II) chloride if I start with 34 grams of iron (II) bromide? b. What is my percent yield of iron (II) chloride if my actual yield is 4 grams?
9) TiS + H2O ( H2S + TiO
What is my percent yield of titanium (II) oxide if I start with 20 grams of titanium (II) sulfide and my actual yield of titanium (II) oxide is 22 grams?
10) U + 3 Br2 ( UBr6
What is my actual yield of uranium hexabromide if I...